Sunday, October 31, 2010

Kyndall the Lock Picker


Kyndall is a stinker. That is just how it is. However, she has proven time and time again to be a very smart stinker. One of the funniest things happened the other day that proves this. For some reason, I was finding that kids were getting in to Kaiya's room. We have the standard door knob covers that are supposed to prevent kids from getting in to rooms that we don't want them to get to.



These are fairly effective at preventing most kids as well as many adults from getting to these rooms. However, for some reason, Kaiya's room kept getting vandalized. I had originally thought it was just because Kaiya kept forgetting to close the door but I was proved wrong. Ryder was frustrated one day at nap time (when we read them stories) because he wanted to get a story from Kaiya's room and the door was shut. He was getting really mad when I came over to him. Just before I got there, he yelled, "Kyndall! Break it!" I turned around and saw Kyndall come over and whip out a little screw driver. She then proceeded to break open the "child-proof" door knob cover with the screw driver.



I was amazed that this little girl that refuses to be potty-trained was smart enough to figure out how to break in to an off-limits room. We made sure all of the screw drivers were out of reach and have had much fewer break ins.

6 comments:

Crazy Granny said...

How can you stand having such cute kids?

Unknown said...

Is that one of the NI screwdrivers? It totally looks like it in the picture! One more thing to add to the long list of uses for those little suckers!

Grandma Honey said...

She has got to be the most creative little kid I've ever heard of. And isn't she also the smallest?

Quintuplet Dad said...

It was indeed an NI screwdriver. Those are great things.

Michelle said...

Daughter of an engineer. No surprise, there! :) (My dad's an engineer, too, but unfortunately the logical, taking things apart gene skipped me).
Fun to have a post about one of the quints by herself. I always love your blog, btw.

MommyLydia said...

Wow. I'm surprised your kids have to break in. My son figured out how to turn the knob with those covers on within a month of putting them on! (so 2y3m? Or so)