Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Great News! I found a few more funny comments to share

OK, so the first one is based on comparisons with our friends show, "Quints by Surprise". The Jones family is a great family and their show is probably the best multiples series out there (mainly because they have a good marriage and are genuinely good people). However, some of the fans had some pretty interesting things to say on the Jones Life Facebook page here. One wrote a letter to TLC and felt the need to "throw us under the bus" which was pretty awesome!

Here is what she wrote:

Dear TLC, I am a frequent and faithful viewer of TLC programs. Thank you for the interesting, heart-warming, educational, family-friendly and relational programming you air. I recently fell in love with one show in particular: QUINTS BY SURPRISE. Every member of the Jones family is endearing. They are inspiring as ...a family unit, and particularly as a married couple. ---The only thing that I cannot understand is the name of the show! It's pretty silly, as my husband remarked "Of COURSE it's 'by surprise!’ NO ONE sets out to have quints!!' The family's last name is Jones. The show title writes itself: KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES!---As I have been bothered by the silly title, I was excited to see ‘Texas Quints’ on the line-up, thinking that at long last, someone else agreed with me about the name!

Well, the word disappointed doesn’t cover my reaction when I found out that the two are NOT one and the same! As I posted on my Facebook status, ‘Texas Quints’ seems like a prequel to a ‘Nanny 911’-type show. The parents are very sweet, but they need parenting help--yesterday! It’s painful to watch (which, I won’...t be any more) ...

...Thank you for your time, [Name Withheld]

In response to that, someone else commented the following:
I agree with you I will not be watching texas quints ever again their kids are wild and out of control! [Name Withheld]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I have to agree with them at least on one point which is that the Jones family is great. In all likelihood they will have a second season on their series and I think that is great because they honestly might need the extra money a bit more than we do. The other thing I have to agree with is that our kids are some times out of control. That is part of what makes it funny though.

Here is another comment that I thought was priceless. It comes from here (you have to scroll down pretty far to find it):
I watched the Texas quints last night and a bigger bunch of screaming brats I have never seen! WHO wants to watch that crap at 10pm at night! I would like some peace and quiet at that time! This certainly wouldn't replace the Jones Quints or any of the other multiples shows for me! I won't watch it again!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, if anyone finds any more, please send them to me. I honestly think they are pretty funny.

Jayson

1 comment:

Megan Of Parker said...

The people who write in crack me up. I'm trying to imagine who exactly tunes in to a show about five 3 year olds and expects to find model children, sans screaming. Isn't that why people want to watch it? I think all these people are actually the show's most promising fans.