Sunday, October 17, 2010

Someone actually recognized me from the show

On Saturday, I was coaching Riley's YMCA volleyball team. We only had 5 players show up but our team is really spunky and they did a great job even though we won one and lost two. Our team has half boys and half girls which is the first time there has been more than 2 boys on the team.

Anyway, after we were done, and getting ready to leave, one of the mom's from the other team came up to me and said she recognized me from the show on TLC. It was funny because she started by saying "You probably get this all the time but...". It was funny because I DON'T get that all the time. In fact, that instance was the first time something like that has ever happened.

Remember when you were a kid and thought that if you were ever on TV, you were automatically famous? Well, as you probably know, that is just not true. In the last few years my family and I have been on every news station in Austin, on a TLC special last year as well as a commercial for a local grocery store (HEB) in Texas and nobody has ever recognized me before unless I am with ALL my kids. Even then, they often confuse me with somebody else. In fact, if you think about it, if you were to see somebody from one of the families on one of the TLC shows on the street would you recognize him or her? Chances are you wouldn't have any idea who they were (unless it was Kate or Jon). Who remembers all of the various people from the various TV shows? I would guess that nobody remembers them except their families. And that is just fine.

2 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I think you are famous just because you have quintuplets. I'm sure you get far more attention than you want. Who could not be totally smitten by your adorable children?

Crazy Granny said...

You've always been famous in my book. But it doesn't count if it's your mom.