Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Riley destroyed me in swimming

Riley is currently 14 and has been doing swim team for the last year.  I have also been swimming on and off since I am training for a sprint triathlon in September.  I felt like I was in pretty good shape.  I decided to take Riley with me this morning to swim.  Swim team stopped for the last few weeks so he hasn't been training.  We swam for 25 minutes.  He swam about a mile in that time and lapped me at least 4 times.  My first reaction was humiliation at being thoroughly beaten by my 14 year old son.  My second reaction was to think, "Well, it looks like all of that money for swim team is actually paying off."  Anyway, I guess it is in indication of how old I am.  I can still run faster than he can but who knows how long that will last.  

No comments: