Monday, October 3, 2011

Our Latest Video: Clean It

For some time we have wanted to do a music video but the problem with those is that you have to have music. Normal music is copyrighted and so we can't legally use it. However, a month or so ago, I was looking through some fairly low cost Royalty Free music and came across a song that was very similar to one that I remembered from the 80's. The song was "Push It" from Salt N' Pepa which I remember as being a fairly "suggestive" song. Well, we re-wrote the lyrics, took out all of the suggestive stuff, recorded the vocal tracks in our closet, and then made a video to go along with it. In the end, it was a bit more work than I would like but was actually a lot of fun because it gave Rachelle and I a chance to be in the video which we don't normally get to do.

Here it is:

1 comment:

farrind said...

Dear Jason, What a creative use of this song...I hope you will keep looking for "usable" music (can you obtain permission somehow, for a song you really WISH to use?). I love the re-done lyrics, and how musical all the little ones are becoming..their dance moves are great! And of course, you, your wife, Kaiya and Riley are already very gifted- what a joy to watch!
Keep blogging!
Dinah