Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How do you solve a problem like the Kyndall?

For the last few weeks, I have noticed a disturbing trend: no matter how hard we try, Kyndall can always find a way to get into trouble. Over just the last two weeks, I have seen some amazing things. About 14 days ago, she found some scissors and also some bags of skittles and cut them open eating at least one bag. We then put all of the scissors we could find on top of the fridge. The next day, she opened the drawer on the changing table and took out the Vasaline and rubbed it all over the wall. I think she also got Rustin and Ryder involved in that one. The only reason I was made aware of it was because she slipped on the stool she was using to get in to the drawer and ran by me crying but then wouldn't tell me why she was hurt.

On Easter Sunday Rachelle gave me a little Easter basket with some orange cream cadburry eggs. I put the basket in our closet thinking it was safe. I went in on Monday and found the basket nearly empty and some foil on the floor. I brought Kyndall in for questioning and at first she denied it but then went behind the place where Rachelle's pants hang and brought out a half-eaten orange creme egg. She looked surprised to find it there.

On Saturday, Kyndall took Rachelle's pink ipod nano. I searched for it all day but couldn't find it. I knew Kyndall had taken it and it was only late at night that she said, "Hmm...maybe it is in my bike." Sure enough, it was hidden in the seat of her tricycle.

Some time in the middle of the week last week, Kyndall got Rachelle's wedding ring. Rachelle looked all over for it and when she asked Kyndall, Kyndall said, "It isn't in my pocket". That was, of course, exactly where it was.

When Rachelle's mom came here last week, Kyndall got into her room, found some scissors and proceeded to cut up a bunch of bags of snacks she found in my mother-in-law's purse. This forced us to go get better locks for all of the doors since the child proof locks no longer work.

Last night at about 10:00 (the quints bedtime is at 7:30) I heard a glass breaking upstairs. I went up and found kyndall sitting on the bathroom counter with a shattered glass underneath her. She had been sneaking around upstairs and found this glass and somehow dropped it on the bathroom floor.

About an hour ago, I went up and found Kyndall sleeping on Kaiya's bed. I thought this was strange so I picked her up and when I went to put her on her own bed, I found that it was all wet. I checked her pants and found that it wasn't from her but then saw the spray bottle Rachelle uses to do everybody's hair. Kyndall had unscrewed the top and dumped it all on her bed.

She is pretty curious and she just can't seem to resist any temptation to get into trouble. I am just hoping we find a way to help her channel her "creativity" before she decides to find some more scissors and give everybody a hair cut.

6 comments:

Tobi said...

Oh boy that girl is trouble. With a capital T. I wish you all the luck in the world trying to dream up ideas to preoccupy the Kyndall.

The Dragonfly said...

You were bound to get at least one mischief maker out of the five! Who knew it would be little Kyndall! Hilarious.

Crazy Granny said...

You forgot to blog about the wedding ring.

I love that little scamp so much,even if she could throw a whirling Dervish out of whirl. And yes she is a flibbertijibbet! A will-o'-the wisp! A clown!

Just try and keep her safe. I think the glass in the bathroom is my fault. I might have left one in that spare room.

Unknown said...

She is a girl after my own heart. She doesn't know it yet but her and I are destined to be good, good friends. Kindred spirits if you will.

Grandma Honey said...

This just means Kyndall will grow up to be a very interesting, energetic, and busy person.

Megan Of Parker said...

It's too bad using clay and stuff like that is so messy. Sounds like she needs something to do with her hands.